Supervising First Aid for Mental Health FAA Level 3 (2 days)
The course is suitable for those within an organisation who have a Leadership & Management or HR position and for those who have responsibility for implementing a positive mental health culture and/or for First Aid for Mental Health overall within an organisation.
£230.00Contact us for group / workplace bookingsAsk a question about this course
Anyone can be affected by a mental health condition either themselves or a family member, friend or colleague.
This is a two- day advanced course that shows attendees how to promote positive wellbeing and positive attitudes towards mental health in the workplace. It also provide guidance on how to support your team on a day to day basis and at times of crisis, including returning to work following a leave of absence.
Who is this for?
The course is suitable for all people within a workplace, but it (and resultant qualification) is aimed at individuals who have a Leadership & Management or HR position within an organisation and for those who have responsibility for implementing a positive mental health culture and responsibility for First Aid for Mental Health overall.
What you will gain
- A FAA Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health (RQF)
- An in-depth understanding of a wide range of mental health and the related contributing factors that can affect wellbeing in the workplace
- Practical skills that help you identify the triggers and spot the (sometimes very subtle) signs of mental illness
- The confidence to step in at the right time and in the right way, to reassure and support a person in varying degrees of distress
- Knowledge surrounding the implementation of reasonable mental health adjustments
- The skills to create a positive mental health culture in the workplace and help break down the stigmas surrounding Mental Health
- Know where to signpost for additional support
- The knowledge and confidence to put the First Aid for Mental Health Action Plan into place
This course builds on the Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health and covers a wider range of mental health conditions and goes into detail on the range of therapy and professional support that a person may be given by professional bodies during treatment for a mental health condition.
A range of subjects are covered including (but by no means limited to):
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
- Drugs and alcohol
- First Aid for Mental Health action plan
- First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace
- A large range of Mental Health conditions covered in detail including
- Self Harm
- Eating Disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Drugs and Alcohol
Download the Qualification Specification for the Level 3 course
Please be aware that this course covers subjects that some people may find distressing, including suicide and self-harm. If you are unsure if the course is right for you, we recommend reading the course content or speaking to Sam before booking your place.
If a participant feels overwhelmed, they are welcome to leave the room at any time.
Assessment and Certification
Summative practical assessment is ongoing by the trainer each day, along with a written assessment on each day. A Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health will be issued to the learner, subject to successful assessment. No external assessors are required.
Upon successful completion of the qualification assessment, Learners will be awarded the Ofqual regulated Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health (RQF). This qualification is valid for three years from the date of achievement. The learner will need to complete the full course again to requalify for a further three years.
The duration of this course is a minimum of 12 hours spread over two days.
Teas, coffee and light snacks will be provided during morning and afternoon break. Lunch will be provided by the venues unless otherwise stated.
What our customers say
You may also like…
Awareness of First Aid for Mental Health FAA Level 1 (½ day)
This course is an introduction to First Aid for Mental Health and helps the learner to recognise the signs that someone might be struggling and gives them the skills to start a conversation and signpost towards professional help.
Menopause Awareness (3 hrs)
This three-hour Menopause Awareness course enables the learners to understand what the menopause is, the impact it has, day to day and in the workplace.
It also includes the (many) common misconceptions surrounding the menopause, as well as the legal position of an organisation when supporting women through this time in their lives.